Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Warming up a Chilly House

 


This morning the air was wet and cool because of a cold drizzle.  My little house felt chilly.  Having three bananas that were turning mushy,  I decided to make a loaf of Lois Rudd’s banana bread.  My dear friend shared the recipe with me in 2015 and I’m still using it.  She  makes muffins, but this time I baked a loaf because it cooks an hour.  The aroma and warmth of the oven was very satisfying.  I only put a half cup of sugar in my recipe and omit the spices.  Sharing a special recipe let’s it live on.  Lois (born 1932) found this recipe on a flour sack long ago.  My friend thinks the secret ingredient is the sour cream.  I’m not sure but when I make it I pull out the letter that was sent to me.  Now, it has food smudges staining it and has yellowed, but each time I get a renewed feeling of love for those shared it.


1 comment:

Donna. W said...

Yes, we were in Arkansas that day and experienced the cold, cloudy, rainy day. And Cliff had forgotten to take his coat! We both had sweatshirts, though.