Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Church and Habits


I am trying to make Church a habit.  Already, Sunday, I tried to just stay home.  Doing something daily takes a long time to be a habit.  Since church is only Sunday, I guess it’ll take a year for my little mind to feel I need to go each Sunday.  According to a study published in the European Journal of Social Psychology, it takes 18 to 254 days for a person to form a habit. The study also concluded that, on average, it takes 66 days for a new behavior to become automatic.  So, I have a ways to go.

My cousin and dear friend, Terri Jane Ramirez, sent a gift to me some time ago.  It’s an handmade tote bag.  I’m carrying it to church toting my Bible and notebook.  At church, I pretend I’m in College and take notes on the sermon.  It really helps me understand all the points the speaker is referring to.  I can’t look up all the Scripture in that short time and go back over the notes I take later.  I want to grow in knowledge, wisdom and understanding. I’m not the brightest card in the deck, but smart enough to know I don’t know much. 🤣

Proverbs 18:2
2 A fool takes no pleasure in understanding,
    but only in expressing his opinion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take notes as well. This helps be understand
and put scripture in my memory and heart.
~Amy-Patsy

Donna. W said...

I take notes at church also, using my left hand. I don't have many reasons to write, so I use every chance I get. I think it makes me remember the sermon a little better.

Margie's Musings said...

Before I was a member of the church's ministry I always took notes. It usually made the speaker nervous.