Wednesday, January 5, 2022

January

 My least favorite month is here.  Why?  It’s the coldest.  I hate the cold, but more I hate ice.  Snow isn’t a favorite of my either.  

January is named for the Roman god Janus.  Janus had two faces so he could see the future and the past! He was the god of doors.  Ours heads are not made like the head of Janus.  We have to choose to look forward or backward.  Janus unlocked the door, but we have to enter.

I get sort of depressed in January.  I crave the warm sun and my bones hurt more.   The days are short and the nights are long.  Sleeping is a problem for me.  January makes it a long problem.  I am so glad I don’t live in North Dakota.  I’d probably shoot myself.   My Daddy was the same.  

Speed on January.  Glad you don’t last.  February brings me hope.  I can see the spring coming then.  The sky is gray today and that’s all I can see.  

Janus holds that key.  Unlock that door Jan.  Let spring enter.  The full moon in January is called the wolf moon and the cold moon.  I don’t like wolves either.  They eat chickens.  I will endure, but I may not smile.


3 comments:

Sister--Fleta said...

You eat more chickens and any wolf in Arkansas

Donna. W said...

For some reason, I dislike February more than January; probably because January has already spent so much time making me miserable that I can't stand to think about a whole new month that's just as cold.

Far Side of Fifty said...

January in almost North Dakota is brutal, but we will survive! I try to use my miroco light every day because it helps my mood! Hope you stay warm!