Sunday, January 30, 2022

My Governor

 My Arkansas Governor is Asa Hutchison.  He’s a Republican.  I respect him.  I don’t agree with all his decisions, but he uses facts to decide what to do.  Below is an interview he had this week.  He says what he thinks.  


I do not believe Trump is the one to lead our party and our country again as president,"  Gov. Hutchinson said during his interview with Business Insider.

The governor was also asked if believes that Trump should run for president again in the upcoming election, along with who he believes should lead the country instead.

"That's what the election is all about," Hutchinson said. "The Republican Party has many different voices and it's important in this time to have those voices, and they should be concentrating on this election cycle."

Hutchinson has publicly challenged Trump in the past, as he was one of the first republican governors to encourage the former president to transfer power to President Biden following the election in 2020.

The governor also stated he believes that Trump's constant efforts to challenge and discredit the results of the 2020 election could result in a 'disaster' for republican candidates that are running for office this year. 

"I've made it clear: This is about the future. It's not about the past elections. I don't believe the election was stolen. I respect the results," Hutchinson said.

Despite Hutchinson's comments, many still believe that Trump plans to run in the 2024 presidential election after a video surfaced recently where the former president refers to himself as 'the 45th and the 47th' President of the United States.  

1 comment:

Margie's Musings said...

I couldn't agree with him more.