Saturday, January 8, 2022

Eggs for Breakfast


 This week Laura made this cake.  The recipe called for a dozen eggs beaten high.  No butter.  The other ingredients were just flour, leavening, and vanilla.  It was really good so I had my slice for breakfast.  Eggs for breakfast.

Larry and I were married on this day 51 years ago.  We always went out to eat to celebrate.  The evening we married we went to Clarksville, AR to dine.  I had chicken livers.  We went back there for years and the place got worse and worse.  We finally decided we’d just dine out and not go to Clarksville.  Our last anniversary Larry was really sick, but he kept saying that he’d feel better and we’d go out to eat.  He just left worse though and we never went.  Happy Anniversary in heaven, Larry Gene.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a bunch of eggs!
You have some good memories, I hope they give you some comfort.

Donna. W said...

I can imagine how hard it is to have to learn to live without your life partner after so many years together. I try not to think about it, since I could end up in the same situation at my age.

Galla Creek said...

My life is completely changed. Everything is different. It’s like I am living a different life now. My new life is fulfilling, but nothing is like before.