Saturday, June 18, 2022

Greta Went Home

My last day with my precious Greta.  She wanted pancakes and sausage.  This is her second plate full.  She was eating and I told her not to eat if she’d had all she wanted.   Immediately she said  “I’m full”.  I don’t adhere to making kids clean their plate.  42 percent of Americans are obese….including me.   Too many children don’t exercise and eat too many refined carbs.  Worse one is sugar.  Greta will burn these at Camp today.  Four hours of exercise.  I think this is Greta’s first time to stay with me by herself.   I’m not easy to live with.  I have strong convictions, opinions, and values.  TV drives me crazy.  Greta is putting a puzzle together now.   She’s already completed three this week.  She’ll probably be glad to escape me as I also do a lot of preaching!  😇

Problem with my aproach is I can’t fix even my smallest fault but I can condemn same thing in others.  I need to judge me not others.  Like it says In Matthew…. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?



 

6 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

It looks like you all had a great time!!!

Donna. W said...

I agree on not making kids clean their plate. My parents never made me eat everything on my plate, and they even let me eat between meals if I wanted to. I did try to make my kids wait for a meal, but never made them clean their plate.

By the way, you are not obese. Perhaps, like me, you are somewhat overweight, but obese has a different definition.

If your BMI is 18.5 to <25, it falls within the healthy weight range. If your BMI is 25.0 to <30, it falls within the overweight range. If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the obesity range.

Galla Creek said...

Donna, I weigh 159 and now I’m only abt 5 ‘4”!n. I bet I would bemarked obese.

Donna. W said...

I doubt it.

Sister--Fleta said...

5 4 and 159 computes to 27.3 bmi
Signed the com puter

Far Side of Fifty said...

Not fat just plump! Good that you had a week with Greta, puzzles are good entertainment. I do like TV it is great noise in the house! :)