Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Tomato Time

It’s tomatoes and gravy time!  My cousin Frankie sent me a picture of his breakfast—hash browns, bacon, but the kicker is the tomatoes and gravy.  My Daddy loved tomatoes covered with gravy and Momma fixed us a “mess” as soon as we had ripe tomatoes!  Frankie also sent me a verse for today.  Romans 15:13-- 'May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.'  Wow, the power of the Holy Spirit…that’s even better than ripe tomatoes topped with gravy.


 

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Uplifting card! I have not tried the tomatoes and gravy ...it might be good!

Margie's Musings said...

I like my tomatoes without gravy..preferably in a salad.

happyone said...

I've never heard of anyone eating gravy and tomatoes!!!

Donna. W said...

You mentioned tomatoes and gravy last year, and Cliff and I tried them. We loved them that way! We are in a drought here, and also my tomato plants look like they are getting blight. So I don't know how many tomatoes I'll get.