Friday, September 18, 2026

Friday

Sister got here about noon. I fixed meatloaf, baked potatoes, corn on the cob and a salad. Too much work. I especially hated cleaning the pan I cooked the meatloaf in. I put in on a rack so it was two pans. It wasn’t worth it. She brought a watermelon. I’m thinking that can be supper.
I took everything off my bed and washed it. I even washed my Grandma Gertrude Powell quilt and hung it on my clothesline Laura redid for me. I’d had the quilt over 50 years and never used it. I decided the last years of my life, I’d enjoy it and I am. Grandma made it for me in 1968 for my High School graduation gift.

Picture is Aunt Una Powell on right and Grandma 1956. Both widows! They married brothers and they were cousins, not first cousins but kin. They lived across the street from one another for many years!

Aunt Una Powell and Grandma in 1956.

Ada got the Goblin math award again. Greta had volleyball so Erin fixed her a hamburger after school. Greta’s team won and she won the last game with her serve. Ada has no interest in sports. She reads during the game. She’d like to run around but Erin makes her sit with her.

 

2 comments:

Margaret said...

That meal sounds wonderful! I used to make meatloaf occasionally, but it would be expensive now--all that meat! It's lucky that Ada likes to read. It helps pass the time at games!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a beautiful quilt! Your dinner sounds awesome, have fun with Fleta!