Saturday, September 12, 2026

Saturday

The best rewards come after a long dry spell— 3 1/2 inches of rain fell. By afternoon noon the brown was fading to green.
Laura is making a tablet runner for Astrid. Pumpkins, maple leaves falling, and the black cat make it special for this time of year. I’m wondering if she’ll quilt it.
Ada missed school Thursday with a stomach virus. By late evening she was better and went to Greta’s volleyball game, but she carries a book and reads. Some kids run wild at the games. But Erin makes Ada stay with her. A bunch of bad things could happen when a child is unattended.

I have another squirrel visiting and eating the seed droppings. I’ll let him be until he climbs the pole and then I’ll have to trap him and haul him away.
 

2 comments:

Margaret said...

That's a beautiful runner! It reminds me that it's about time to decorate for fall. I love fall decorations! We're supposed to get rain today but so far NOTHING. :(

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a pretty table runner for Fall! Lucky you getting rain, we need some! Leaves are falling in the yard already and I will get the mower out later in the week. Yes groups of kids can get in trouble..Ada is better off reading!