Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Thankful Today

Today I am thankful.  I don't have to kill hogs anymore.  I don't have to milk cows anymore.    I am thankful for my 2 girls, my husband and my grandkids.  I love my brothers and sisters, but do not want to live at Powell Bend with them.  I am happy to check on Clayton, Fleta, Helen, Patsy, and Gilbert from afar.  That way you don't get stuck making the birthday cake, etc.  When I worked I always had to make the birthday cakes for everyone.  I went to school yesterday for a wedding shower.  I am thankful I don't have to go there everyday.   Patsy, what are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I do remember when we killed the hogs that tenderloin so so good that night after working all day! I do remember that that cream off the milk we got from the cows was so good on my oatmeal.

Galla Creek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna. W said...

I am thankful that I somehow stumbled across Patsy's blog online and have gotten to know, in a small way, her sisters.