Thursday, May 8, 2014

Taking In Boarders

When we ate at the Rooster, one of the ladies lived in Grandma's apartments in the early 1960's or late 50's.  She said you paid by the week and it cost $5.00 a week to live here.   She had a sick baby.  It sounded like something serious was wrong.  Grandma let her call the Dr. at Harrison and did not have her pay for the call.  Grandma often forgave her rent.  She said Grandma even would give her a little cash.  Barb and Richard lived in the rooms for a while.  Grandma went into the apartments when the renters were out.  At Barb's she ate some of Barb's fried chicken.  Now, you would have to have tried Aunt Barbara's cooking to understand that her fried chicken would be a huge temptation to an old lady who did not fry that much.  

Helen is getting confused in her old age. I went by and took the crocheted blanket and hat to Aunt Barbara because Carolyn was not in her office at G F Bank.  Yes, she has an office.  Carolyn was at Jasper Bank auditing.  She looks for thieves I think.  Anyway, that is why I went down Springfield Street.  Barbara is getting a new screen door.  Helen said she was getting all new cabinets.  So much for that tale.  Helen said her house might be in disarray because of the construction.  No, it was spotless as usual....and all she is getting is a screen door.  She keeps the doors locked tight and I don't blame her.  She lives only a few feet from a busy highway.  I am glad Brenda is there with her.  And no, Brenda does not get to sit down at work.  She legs are in really bad shape.  When she gets to make boxes she gets to sit, but most of the time she stands.  And Fleta, Ruthie quit!  She needed help and they would not get anyone to help her.  So she just stays home, but there were no cars at her house so I stopped at Barb's with the blanket.  The new baby girl's name is Avery Nicole Killion...not here yet though.  Name came from a soap opera I think.  And Helen and I are kin so I may have that name all messed up.  Barb said after Ruthie quit they hired 2 to do her job.  

Don't know what else to tell you except...Helen, don't give Fleta your old clothes.  They don't fit right and you should just have a garage sale at Patsy's house.  And Patsy the reason I am trying to remember to use large text is Fleta told me you were blind and it was hard for you to read.  So there I spilled that cat right out of the bag.  Patsy, are you blind?  I will know if you don't answer that Fleta is right and you are blind.  

Oh, one more thing.  Erin said the pictures of me and my kids are good.  Well, well. You know who took the pictures.  She is just like Fleta really tooting her horn and not saying I can not take good pictures.


3 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

Thank goodness one of us has a brain....I wonder who that was impersating Carolyn at the GF bank the day I went in.....they all called her Carolyn....Now that you say that Carolyn did say Barbara is getting new doors in her kitchen.....and the kitchen is closed so Carolyn had to go eat some where else....I made the leap to think it was kitchen cabinet doors....You know my doors have always been back door and front door do to me kitchen DOORS and yes she did say DOORS had to mean on the cabinets....and I did even say maybe it was not all new cabinets but maybe just door fronts....remember that Betty...LOL but I did love the post! now tell about Frankie REE

Galla Creek said...

Helen, she does not audit everyday...just some. Mostly she is at G F bank. Barb got a day off cooking dinner.

Donna. W said...

You sisters crack me up! I love it.