Saturday, May 10, 2014

Trying A New Adventure

I have what you call a quick scanner.  Just take a picture with your camera.  The photo of Larry and me was taken in 1989,  year after Dad died.  We were moving into our Galla Creek house.  The photo is a little distorted because of the quick scanner's angle.  I had to send the Teacher Insurance Larry's Medicare card.  They said send a copy.  Well, to do that you have to carry the card and make a copy.  I waited a couple of months and the time was drawing near that I had to get er done.  I called and asked if I could take a picture and print that and send it.  The representative (I could tell she was of dark persuasion by her dialect) said oh, no it must be a copy not a picture.  Nearly a month passed.  Time was REAL near.  I got to thinking about a copy machine.  It is a camera and copier together.  So I took a photo with the card laying on a piece of white paper and printed it and sent it.  I did not mention the avenue I took to get the copy.  Well, ta da, I got our new insurance cards.  I took Helen's advise about the insurance.  I now have the gold plan and Larry has 2 policies.  Well, we have this June 1st so it is still about 2 weeks away.  Hope I can stay well til then.

I am going to have a garage sale.  Not to make money but to get shed of some things (as Granny Renfroe would say).  I noticed these green pants in the picture I took.  I still have them.  Yes, 1989 and I can still wear them but now they are tight.  They will be in the sale.  I sure hope I can do well with the sale.  If it works I plan to have another with no advertising.  I am just going to place my sign on the highway and see if anyone comes.  Larry made me a real, real good sign on a stand.  Now I am hoping no one steals it.  

I was thinking yesterday as I was going through my stuff.  Why do I hate tight clothes?  I never liked tight jeans or pants.  I buy size 16 and I guess I don't really need that size.  Those pants are a 14 and I look slim in the picture, but even then I bought big.  Brenda Gail sent me a message on FB about my pretty blanket.  She said she did not know I could crotchet.  I learned before Erin was born so that is at least 35 years that I have been at it.  I still am not a good as Patsy.  I can't follow a pattern as well as she can.  I could never make one of the lacey dollies she made for me.  

Sigrid is coming today as Astrid has soccer and she is not a fan of sitting around and watching someone else perform.  Next week she will do her dog trick act in the talent show.  I plan to be there. 

1 comment:

Sister--Fleta said...

So, if the dog trick wins,does Siggy win or does the dog win the talent show.