Friday, December 23, 2022

Cold, Cold

This morning it is 3 degrees.  I am thankful for central heat and pipes that did not freeze.  I will tend to the birds and chickens soon.  I’m sure they are thirsty and wishing for a  miracle.  I am their miracle.  I will feed them today.  Everything seems intense when one grows old.  The cold feels colder; the heat hotter; the roads longer.  May the Lord bless you today.

Psalm 104:12

12 The birds of the sky nest by the waters; they sing among the branches.

I remembered the little birds.  They were not singing.  Early I filled several stations with seeds and suet.  In the late afternoon they came.  At times I had 30 cardinals.   Sister Patsy taught me to look at how they fluff their feathers out for warmth when it is really cold.  I could see the wind moving the little creatures.  If you have food and did not put any out today remember God's little friends tomorrow.





 

2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

It's one degree below zero here in southeast Kansas and it snowed all night.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cold here too, the wind is howling and we are in a blizzard. It will let up one of these days. Happy Christmas! The Cardinals are so pretty!