Friday, December 16, 2022

Eating Out


My friend of 52 years, Kay Lou, and I treat each other to dinner once a month.  One month, I pick and pay and the next it’s her choice.  For December, I chose Hillbilly Slim’s located at what Granny called Raspberry Knob.  I dined on fish and shrimp and Kay a burger.  Both were really good.  Raspberry Knob once had a post office, little store, and blacksmithy.  Now, it’s just Hillbilly Slim’s.  The old gentleman in the photo is John William Hensley, one time postmaster of Raspberry, AR.  and the picture with the folks on the porch is of his home at Raspberry.  The Hensley’s left AR during the Great Depression.  Like many others from the area he and his wife, Betty Lou Sizemore Hensley died at Linden, CA and are buried there.  Both were born in Clay County, KY.  The Homestead Act lured them to AR.




 

No comments: