Monday, December 5, 2022

Tree’s Up


 I got my tree out of the cabinet.  Decorating is done.  I am sure Astrid is so ashamed of me.  

Daddy would go cut a tree. He would  take an ax and some of us would tag along. Sometimes he took the wagon and mule.  He would always cut a big tree. He always dreamed big and when it arrived at the house, I know Momma always thought, "Oh, dear, that tree is just too big". The living room was 12 by 12…so imagine his huge cedar tree. Daddy always dreamed big. It seems they put the tree in a bucket with dirt and rocks to hold it...or just rocks. We decorated the tree with stuff we made but we always had those aluminum foil icicles to put on it.   We tried to talk Momma into getting spray snow and we sprayed it on all the windows. “What a job this is going to be to clean up”...was what Momma was thinking.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have a pretty little tree!