Friday, May 11, 2007

Momma


This is my mother in 1956. The year I started
to school. She did not take me. My Aunt Lovetta
enrolled me in school. Momma's greatest ambition
in life was to be a mother to her children. She was
always there. She woke me up in my teenage years
if I had to get up at 3:00 A. M. no alarm clock, just
Momma saying ..."it is time to get up". She sent me
$5.00 a week when I came to AR Tech to college out
of her grocery money. I guess Helen did without food
because of it. No better mother could I have had if I
had chosen her!

6 comments:

Annie said...

Who's the little baby?

It's good to remember Mother. She probably was the first to love you unconditionally - and to teach you how to love that way in return.

Happy Mother's Day weekend, Sister 3.

patsy said...

she is holding poor little debbie, i remember how weak she was.

dot said...

Sounds like you had a good momma.

Sister--Helen said...

Daddy always said Mama did not need an alarm clock she would just wake up at any certain time...I now imagine she would wake up several times through the night and check the time so she could get us up on time for whatever we needed. I'll bet she never slept through all night...That is probably why she 'rested her eyes' in the rocking chair through out the day...

Anonymous said...

Annie, Debbie Lee was born in May of 56. She was a blessing from God to each of us. God's Blessing came to earth and taught us what love really meant. Sis 3

Erin said...

i hardly ever use an alarm clock. i just know when it's time to get up.