Monday, October 22, 2007

Cliff at Bona Dea

There a holes all in this cliff at Bona Dea Trail. I
am reading a book about Daniel Boone. He lived
in caves in Ky. while he hunted there. Once he
hunted over a year and when he and Squire were
heading home to the Yadkin to sell their work
they were robbed by Indians of all the furs, horses,
and guns--everything they had. How would it be
for us to work over a year and suddenly have nothing.
One of his children (Jemina) was fathered while he was
away many years. Guess he and Becky worked out this
problem for they stayed together until death. The story
is told she told him she thought he was dead and the child
was his brothers.

I am going to the libaray today to look for some books as
I don't have to work Friday and tomorrow. Larry is going
to the DR. tomorrow and I am playing co-captain.

1 comment:

dot said...

I hope you enjoy your days off. Interesting story about Daniel Boone's child or maybe I should say his brother's. lol. I can't wait to tell Tony that one. He enjoys watching the old series with Fess Parker.