Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New Scanner

Well, when my computer crashed, I could not
get my all in one printer, scanner, etc. to load
and I know I could probably went to the hp site
and got the drivers, but I have been wanting a
scanner again. It is not as easy to find one now.
Walmart does not even carry them. They are
not expensive. They will scan documents and
let you save them a pdf files. They will scan
negatives. Oh, I wish Smartest, sweetest,
bestest sister lived closer because she would
figure out how to scan the negatives. I have a
big box of Larry's Mom's old negatives. Do you
think dumbest, sourest, sister can learn how to
scan an old negative. I doubt it for I could not
even get the scanner to work, but after a day
I realized...you have to turn it on!

The scanned picture is Hiway 7 going north
near McIlroy Gap just a few miles from Jasper.
The photo was snapped in the 1920s. Today
Arkansas 7 carries 1000s of tourist through the
Ozarks; however, in the 1920s it was but a narrow
dirt track, impassible after heavy rains. Granny's
father took 3 days to come to Russellville to get
supplies for the family. One day down the mountain,
one day in town where he slept at Henry's mule barn,
and one day back up to Ben Hur, AR. Even in 1949
when Larry was born, his mother came down the
mountain from Ben Hur 2 weeks before her due date
and boarded until June 16 when he came into the
world. Her Daddy came along and stayed with her
as she was only a girl without a husband.

2 comments:

patsy said...

i love old post cards.

Galla Creek said...

Larry said the picture is going south...Hiway 7 north but looking southward.