Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Water is Life!







I found some pictures of Galla Lake in 2005, November.
Then the one I took the other day on my walk and one
from back in the summer riding in the little 'Wren'. You can
see how we depend on the heavens to send water. I
always have conserved water for when the Sisters were
growing up we had to carry it in a bucket to our kitchen
from a spring in a cave one half mile away!
Water is life without it we would die in a few days. Don't
waste precious water. I never do. I could never water a
yard of grass. I can take a hose and give a plant or flower
a drink, but watering a lawn would grate at my backbone and
remind me of carrying all those buckets of water when
I was a girl!
I am glad I do not live in AZ like Baby Sister does. I
would not have a blade of grass to stand on!






2 comments:

Annie said...

Those of us who hauled water as children KNOW how precious it is, how it is taken for granted now that it runs freely from our tap. Last night I heard a man on television say that by 2020 water would be more precious than oil is today. Perhaps it's time to put a cistern in our yards again, started collecting the rain water again?

dot said...

Water is getting very precious here and with no rain they are talking about further restrictions. Some people don't have a clue or don't give a rip about recycling.