Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Ben Hur, Arkansas

This is the big town where Erin got married
in 2005. This was taken in 1946. The store
was owned by Frank Reese. Erin, it sat in
that field where Glendon Garrison is fixing
up the old house. Frank married Buena Vista Casey
b: 23 Jul 1886 in Kissee Mills, Taney Co., MO.
He got killed in a car wreck and the little store
died too!

I guess that dog is keeping an eye on things at
the store!

Frank Reese got to Ben Hur, AR in a unusal
way. His mother was a mail order bride of
Jerry Standridge. Rhoda Reese was married
to Will Reese who died. She had little Frank
and some more kids and lived in Missouri.
She advertised in a magazine for a husband.
Jerry Standridge lived near Ben Hur, Ar. He
was old, had already been married twice
and had a houseful of kids. Anyway, Jerry
was the husband that Rhoda ordered and
she brought Little Frank to Ben Hur. I guess
that would be the rest of the story!

11 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

I'm sure they ran the dog off the porch...

Sister--Helen said...

Are those Garrisons related to Bean Garrison that married aunt Helen....

Galla Creek said...

I tried to connect the two families but could not find much about Gary Garrison.

Annie said...

What a wonderful little glimpse into a family's history, Sister Three, with a photo of a place they worked as an extra special image.

Anonymous said...

I think you made that whole thing up.

Sweetness

Annie said...

Sister, I'm sad to hear that you are ill. Here are some get-well wishes from me to you. Annie

dot said...

Interesting story and love that picture. Hey that would make a good framed picture.

stories shemale interracial said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
preciouseureka said...

I just found a photo in the attic of the Reese store, my fiance told me the story of the store, it was his great grangfathers, now I'm hoping to find traces of that lost branch of the family. Any help would be wonderful!

D.Hausmann said...

I was just told about your Blog by one of my Cousins. I enjoyed the site, and seeing the picture of my Grandfather Frank Reese's store, where my mother grew up. By the way, I have family tree information for the Reese's going back to 700 a.d.

Unknown said...

My name is Kenny Freeman, my grandpa Wilburn Yancy bought that store from Mr Reese i have played on that old porch and around that old building many times, thanks so much for a great memory.