Saturday, November 3, 2007

Grandma and Grandpa

Another new photo shared with me from a
internet friend! I know the internet is a dangerous
place but it is also an awesome adventure
where we can learn anything we want and
find folks who we could never found without
it. I would not know Annie, Dot, or the person
who is sending me all these old photos.

This is my husband's great Grandparents. The
lady, Bess, has arthritis of the spine. The photo
was taken about 1949 and the car is a big Buick.
Bess was his other Grandmother's first cousin.
So Bess is his grandmother and his 3 cousin!

6 comments:

patsy said...

the couple look really old.

Erin said...

old and weathered

dot said...

I wonder if some of today's new drugs would have kept her spine straight. That picture is a treasure. And so are you sister!!

Andrea said...

I love old pictures. That is a special one. I look at old people like that and think how they would react to our style of living today. They had it rough but sometimes I think they were better off than us. They enjoyed life more without the materialistic things.

Betty said...

I love old pictures like that.

Annie said...

Sweet couple. We all want to have lasting love in our lives, what I imagine these two shared.

How is it that this stranger had a photo of your family members?

There's a whole field of study in sociology/anthropology about cyber-communities. It's true, isn't it, that we feel close to people we've met on the Internet even though we've never touched their hands or looked in their eyes.