Thursday, November 29, 2007

Still on the Lap Top

I am still using this laptop...not
good at it either. I will get a new
computer and the tech is trying to
get my docs and pics off the old one.

I looked through my yahoo mail and
found a few photos and other stuff.
I smiled when I read the email
Fleta sent me about a 1948 reunion
at Green Forest and one Helen sent
saying she and Patsy were blogging.
That was Feb. of 06 so soon they
will have been entertaining me for
two years and I like their show
better than any on tv.

Well here is the old newspaper
clip.
Green Forest Tribune, Thursday, June 17, 1948

Reunion Held at R. M. Powell Home
A family reunion was enjoyed at the
R. M. Powell home, near Sunny Lane,
last weekend.
Those Present were: Mrs. George
Reed and son, Jimmy; Mr. and Mrs. Harold
Merk and Winnie Jo, all of St. Louis, Mo:
Mr. and Mrs. Charge Knight and son, Robert
Lewis of Oakland, California; Mrs. Tom
Gawltney, Tommy Lou, Bobbye, Barbara Sue
and Larry of Alton, Mo; Mr. and Mrs. Truman
Powell, Jimmy, Donnie, Virginia Lee and Frankie
Rea of Denver; Mr. and Mrs. Willis Powell,
Patsy Ann, Richard, Clayton and Fleta Mae
of Douglas; Mrs. Bill Brannick and son,
Mike of Berryville; Mrs. Iva Knight of
South Green Forest; Mr. and Mrs. Jesse
Powell and family of Green Forest and
Floyd of the home.
Sunday was spent visiting and taking
pictures. This was the first time the
grandchildren were ever all home at the
same time, and all the in-laws, except
George Reed of St. Louis, and Tom Gwaltney
of the Vet's Hospital at Little Rock.
Many pleasant memories remain of this
get-to-gether.


In 1948, my grandmother Powell was the
age I am today....57. Time marches on.

6 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

Oh my goodness this is the one we have the pics of .....Grandma was so proper....

Anonymous said...

You need to change the music on your dog site to 'Who let the dogs out'.

Sweetness Herself

Anonymous said...

And, Elvis, Hound Dog song.

me

dot said...

I bought a lap top not long ago and I hate it. I bought it to take to my mother's when I go there but it ended up that the internet would be long distance.

Erin said...

i made frosted christmas cookies. they are really good. i will post pictures later.

Annie said...

Sister, I'm right there, a little ahead of you, marching to time's steady beat.