Thursday, November 8, 2007

Grandma Bess

This is another shared jewel. It is Grandma Bess
and she had gone to the neighbors to visit. The
neighbors were Christopher Columbus Casey. They
lived in the old Falling Water School. I think I
remember us having a rug just like this one on the
floor. The back ground was purple. Mrs. Casey has
a picture of her Grandson on her sewing machine
and a scarf over the top. I see a spit can by the fire
place. I think this was taken after Bess lost her
husband, Charley. It is one of the favorite pictures
that I have received by internet recently.

Patsy Chris Casey moved to Newton County, AR from
Taney County. His wife was a Kissee from Kissee Mills.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat picture. I think the rug you remember was in Grandma Powell's living room. We never had a rug.

Sweetness Herself

Galla Creek said...

Flet...I think you are right. But in my memory when I saw this rug...I could remember it from somewhere and I remembered purple in the background.

Andrea said...

Memories.....wonderful memories. And good old pictures are worth such a treasure.

Sister--Helen said...

I Grandma Powell's l/ r she had a braded rug.....Have you 2 lost it.....

Sister--Fleta said...

OK, It was not in the living room, it was in her bedroom. But still, it was at Grandma Powell's, not our house. We never ever had a rug, only linoleum.

Annie said...

I think Fleta speaks with considerable authority on the subject of the rug.

The photo is a wonderful historical document in and of itself.

About the River Market, the Little Rock sign faces north toward the river. I think it welcomes those who are driving south on I-30. The front door is actually on the south of the building.

Sister--Helen said...

Annie Fleta speaks with considerable authority on everything...have you not figured that out about her yet.....

Sister--Helen said...

I gotta admit she looks a lot better in this picture than she did in the one by the car...