Thursday, November 22, 2007

Falling Water November 21, 2007

Here is Falling Water Falls...taken yesterday.
Erin has to work tonight. So we will have Thanksgiving
twice--today and Sunday. Today, we are having
dressing and with chicken in it. Laura is making
something...she saw in a cookbook..with turkey
breast. I made fresh apple cake. I cooked the
cranberry sauce. I found a recipe I like in the AR
Democrat, but I threw it in the trash by mistake.
I remembered it had maple syrup in it. So I found
one on the net...but I can't go by the recipe so I
added orange marmalade to it. We are having
mashed white potatoes and gravy because 3 little
girls like them...and their Papa does too. We are
having Aunt Helen rolls, but it took an hour to
find where I had put the recipe I copied off her
blog. But Eureka! I found it ...and I better get
going because she said hers were rising and I
have not even gotten the mixer out for mine.
Wish Erin were here. She is sick to her stomache
a lot! She has to work 12 hours tonight. I am
thankful all the brothers and sisters and my own
little family most of all!!!

6 comments:

patsy said...

TELL ERIN TO BE OF GOOD CHEER, SAW A NEWS ITEM A FEW WEEKS AGO. IT SAID WOMEN WHO ARE SICK TO THEIR STOMACK WHILE PERGRANT ARE LESS LIKELY TO HAVE BREAST CANCER LATER ON. I ASK HELEN IF SHE HAD BEEN SICK WHEN SHE WAS PREGRANT. SHESAID NEVER FOR A MINUTE. ME I WAS SICK AS A DOG FOR 3 MONTHS EVER TIME.

Anonymous said...

this is good to know. Something good from being so sick.

Annie said...

Thanks for posting the photo of the falls today, Betty. Now I don't have to get in the car and drive up there.

Sunshine said...

I was never sick like Helen...

dot said...

The falls are beautiful and dinner sounds wonderful. Hope you all enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Oh how lovely to see those falls - such wonderful photos