Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cooler Weather is around the Corner!

I was thinking this morning after the sprinkle that cooler weather is just around the corner. I took this picture yesterday of one of my poor little Blue birds. I refill the water in the bath each morning. Once he was sitting in the water but I did not catch a picture of it. Here his beak is open like he is about to cry and that is just the way I felt yesterday. On my second trip to the chicken pen I found my Red Patsy hen dead in the house. So sad. Those big hens don't live a long life like the Banties. I was trying to remember when I got them from Patsy and I am sure it was 4 summers ago.

My friend from school won $49.000 at Oaklawn playing some poker game. He will be at my meeting tomorrow. He said Obama and his friends at Washington took 13,000 of it to help with the debt problem. But I am thinking he will have enough left for my lunch tomorrow....but last time we had this Cohort meeting they served us an AR TECH lunch of a sandwich and chips. If that is the case, I plan to make sure that he holds back enough cash to buy my lunch after school starts. Erin if you are wondering who the lucky winner is...it's Coach Fish!

I guess Helen is debt free. What a great feeling it must be. She is living fine in her little apartment. I think the old ladies next door keep their air turned low so Helen reaps the benefits as the cool air around her lets her keep her thermostat turned up a little!

I sure wish Fleta's deer would slip up to her house and graze on her garden like deer rats do here and then she would understand why I really don't like them. They are tick mfg. plants too. They are full of ticks that fall off everywhere...yuck, yuck.

You may not hear from me tomorrow until the afternoon. I have to be at AR TECH at 8:00 in the morning. On the mornings I do not walk with Laura at that time I am still in my nighties!

Love you Sisters!


1 comment:

Donna. W said...

I love to see deer in my woods or far back in my pasture. NOT in my yard, and so far, they have stayed out. Lots of people wonder why I hate possums and coons so much: Well, if they had lost as many chickens as I have to those varmints, maybe they would understand.