Sunday, August 21, 2011

Remembering Mama

The floor in the kitchen of this old house is a linoleum and it is over 50 years old. It has big holes in it and I put plastic yellow tape over them. There about 20 big holes in the linoleum. I have been here almost 2 years and it is so nasty. I hope someday I can get something new in there. Fleta reminded me of how Mama mopped the floor with washing powders and bleach and how she did it more than one time if it were real dirty. Well, that is what I did and the water was just mud and I fixed more water and did it again, more mud. I plan to do this again next weekend. I will have to buy a new mop as I wore that one out. Remember how Daddy was throw cigarette butts on the stove board and Mama had to clean it all up. More than anything in the world she wanted a clean house. When I was scrubbing that floor, I kept thinking of my Mama and I do miss her.

3 comments:

patsy said...

I read your daughter's post. I am sure you worked to give her an education. Perhaps you should have saved your money and used it to buy switches.

Sister--Helen said...

I remember once when Mama was moping the floor she was after me for something...as I ran through the kitchen to get away from her I knocked over the slop bucket she had picked up and put on the kitchen table...
Remember this was a five gallon slop bucket and I turned it over on purpose....

When I was born she should have knocked me in the head and fed the milk to the pigs,

patsy said...

i saw laura deleted her blog i am sure she is mad at me which i don't care a fig . i just hope you are not mad at me too.