Thursday, February 25, 2021

250 Dollar Mouse

 

When the cold hit, a mouse crept into the outside part of my heating unit.  He died by shorting out a part.  Then for the next almost 2 weeks, the temperature was freezing, and my heat ran continually.   The man who works on my system, told me to check the breakers. Well, outside unit breaker was thrown because a electrocuted mouse was lying across a part in the unit.  When I tripped the breaker, the unit started to work correctly.  But I guess the part the mouse was lying on was slowing burning.  That night the main breaker, to my house tripped. I called Laura to see if she had electricity.  She did.  I thought there  might be an outage.  Laura said, “Daddy said first Check the main breaker.”  I threw it and had electricity again.  The heat unit wouldn’t even come on.  Workman Paul fixed it.  When I turned the unit back on, it shorted out something on the house part of the unit. 

Long story made short.  This little mouse cost me  $250.00!  I’m glad I did not trip the breaker until after the horrible cold passed.  

4 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

What a mess for you! Bless your heart!!

Donna. W said...

I dislike mice, cockroaches, flour weevils, and anything else that wants to get in my food supplies. Cliff always says, "They were here first." I tell him, "That may be, but I'm the one who is here NOW, and I won't put up with them!"

Anonymous said...

So glad you found the problem! The littlest of creatures
can cause so much damage. Blessings to you my friend. ~Amy-Patsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh my that was an expensive problem :(