Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Yippee

 

Yippity Skippity!  Got my first vaccine today.  So thankful.  The young man giving my shot was in my class when he was in 6th grade and another pharmacist was in my 6th grade class, too.  What does this mean?  I’m old.

An elderly woman came after me for her shot.  Her daughter was with her.  I taught with the daughter and I know she is almost my age so her mother was nearly 90 or maybe more.  They did not have her listed.  Some kind of mix up, but the pharmacist was a saint.  He told them that he had no extra vaccines today, but tomorrow he would be able to get her one.  He told them not to bring her out again.  He said I’ll come to her house and give her the vaccine.  He reported he’d stay with her for the allotted time after the vaccine. There are a lot of very good people in the world.  We often focus on the negative not the positive.



3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice people in your area! So glad you got your shot!

Donna. W said...

Cliff and I got ours today too!

Margie's Musings said...

I have had my first shot and will get the second on the 26th. I am glad you got yours. And it's very nice that the person who gave your shot is not going to make that family bring out the 90 year old in this weather.