Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Prepare My Table

Laura received this little book from a friend and shared it with me.  We know the 23 Psalm was written by David a shepherd.  Keller is also a sheep man.  The book breaks down each line of the Psalm and interprets the meaning through the eyes of a good shepherd.  I have always thought in terms of human beings as I read the Plasm.  The book opened my eyes giving me understanding.  To gain knowledge, wisdom, understanding we must study.  

The only line I will speak to here is “He prepares a table for me...” Dummy me always envisioned a dining table ladened with delicious delights!  No, David is talking about taking his flock to a high mesa, a table land, in the summer.  Keller explained all the things a good shepherd does there to protect his flock.  The shepherd goes to the high plateau before he takes his flock to spend the summer grazing on the green pastures.  He takes salt and minerals, chooses good camps for the flock, checks for poison weeds, notes good water supplies.  He labors so his flock will be safe.  When he brings his sheep he is in constant watch for predictors.

I am so exuberant today because my good Shepherd has prepared my table.  A good shepherd will lay down his life for one lost sheep.  Mine did for me.



 

No comments: