Sunday, May 2, 2021

New Roof

 Sister put a new tin roof on Mom and Dad’s old house.  Well, she purchased the material. And she says, “thank you, Joe” as she used her stimulus check plus a few hundred more. Baby Brother, Nephew Kelly Poor, Justin Smith, and George Aday JR provided the man power.  It takes a village!  JR. did most of the nailing and fitting.  Sister is so excited.  She said it’s supposed to rain and she wants to hear the musical sound rather than placing pots around to catch the drips.  This old house is older than me.  Dad built it using a hand saw and hand tools. 




2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

Not a bad looking house for its age. Neat looking!

Donna. W said...

This is wonderful! I miss my grandmother's old house, even though it's 100 miles north. It was in good shape, and after she died my uncle tried renting it out. But there aren't many places to work in Harrison County, Missouri, and my uncle didn't want to pay taxes on it with nobody living in it.