Saturday, February 17, 2007

Equipment down!

Lots of folks I know (young ones) don't even have a
home phone now. Cell phones are all they have. We
still use the home phone and have a cell phone through
Alltel which is just about useless. We have a two
year contract and will soon be able to get a new cell phone.
I am going to get an ATT as that is what Erin and Fleta have.
I will be able to call them free. If Helen has that type
(cross my fingers), I will call her once a week too. My Alltel
equipment used to work better. No one at Alltel
seems to know why their signal in my Galla Cove went dead,
but because they have me locked in for the two years, they
really did not seem to care too much. I do not call them
anymore because I am tired of hearing them say" I am
sorry". When we are responsible for something and say
"I am sorry" my Bible says we fix it. Now if something
happens and is over and can not be fixed...we can say
"I am sorry" and mean it, but I am sorry does not cut it
when we continue to do the same thing. When we continue
to do what we have always done we will get what we always
got. Well, after March 20th Alltel will get no more of my
money.

Yesterday, I awoke just after 5:00 a. m. Most of the time
I am awake by this time but I was still in bed. The phone
was ringing one long blast. When I answered there was a
roar in my ear like someone trying to play a bad joke. I knew
it was Erin in Harrison or Laura visiting in St. Lake City, Utah.
Well, after this the land phone did not work. My DSL is
through the same company and it did. When I got to work,
I called Centurytel. They sent out a technician and when I
got home a card was hanging on my door knob that said the
problem was inside and mine.

I am glad my husband can fix anything. He went to the
outside phone box to see how the tech had wired our
phone. Then he rewired each phone in the house to
match the outside wiring. He said the tech switched
the wires when he came to the house. The phone not
working had something to do with the DSL but I guess
Centurytel wanted to charge me so they switched the
phone wires outside. Now, Centurytel will say the problem
with our phone was inside, but if our phones worked off
green and red wires on Thursday; they should have on Friday,
but now they are running off black and yellow wires which is
not the way most phones are wired.

It is all too much for me. My head hurts from worrying about
my little girls in Salt Lake. But Erin said they made it there
fine. Today my phone works if any of you want to call
me... 890 8090 and 479 area code!!! I am not ready to give
up my land phone, but I think we all will someday. Also,
I think this morning I will go on down to AT&T and get
my new cell phone so I can call my babies.

Hope Fleta calls me today. It is the highlight of my Sat.
mornings to have her call!







5 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

No Betty I have Verision.... I can call on my cell on weekends and it is free but I have free long distance on my home phone all of the time...I pay a flat fee for that and it is worth it to me....I know so many people just have a cell anymore but thay have to keep up with it better than I do or they could never get a call. I lay mine down in the house, car, or purse and then have to hunt to use it...I have 6 house phones and sometimes can only find one of them and that is because that ONE is not a hand held so it is always attached to the wall... (well I take that back I also have one attached to the wall in each bathroom so I have 9 but it is a little inconvient to run into the bathroom to answer a call especially if you want to talk awhile you have to sit on the toilet or just stand up) Or else it would be lost also...I can not tell you how many times I have had to call my cell to track it down....once the battery was dead and I did not locate it for almost a week!

dot said...

We have unlimited long distance on our home phone. I just bought a little tracfone for emergencies and I'm pleased with it. It is a pain to keep up with tho.

Unknown said...

Betty - we have had unlimited phone calls for about two years now. We just pay one flat fee of $39.00 for our digital service at home. It is connected with our computer and TV service. We also have our cell with Cingular which I think is also ATT now - we use it so little that we have many built up hours. Our kids say - Mom- you never have your cell on - well, it's only for emergencies and when we are down at the camper. We got the cell after Mike had his heart attack in 2000. Hang in there and do some shopping - there are some good services out there somehwere

Annie said...

Hi Sister Three, My husband and I gave up cell phones a year ago because we had an old old plan and didn't want the contract that a new plan would incur.

But we recently got a cell phone via a program for AAA members and we are very happy with it and the service. There's no contract and one can purchase whatever plan one wants (number of minutes).

Here's the webpage if you want to look it over.

https://secure.consumercellular.com/pw/partners/aaa/AAAOverview.aspx

Tina Leigh said...

Oh SS3 I feel your pain!!!!! Try having Alltel for your land line!! Talkin about bad! HUH! That is why I got satallite internet...the phone lines are so bad here. Now I do have them for my cell phone which I use more b/c it is cheaper. My land line phone is 65$ a month with no long distance at all! I hate them! So I use my cell..free nites & weekends & we have 10 numbers that we can call free anytime...so I dont use the land line unless it is local. Sounds like you had a "Tina Time" with the phone buisness! lol Sorry!