Monday, February 19, 2007

Oatmeal Muffins ~ For Dot And Fleta!!!

Buy a pkg. of Bran Muffin Mix by Martha White
Add one cup of fruit (I like mixture such as one
banana and the rest applesauce)
Add one cup of flax and oatmeal flour (now that is
one cup of it all together and this time I was out
of flax flour and so I just added a cup of oatmeal flour)
Add a quarter cup of canola oil if you want the
muffins to be real moist and if you are worried
about fat and calories you can leave it out
Add one egg
Add liquid to make it a nice texture (don't know how
much as I just pour in milk or add plain yogurt until
I can mix it up I use a spoon or fork as I don't want
to mess with the mixer)
Bake this in a hot oven (425) about 15 minutes. This makes
12 muffins and the Martha White Mix only makes 6
but because of all the stuff you added it makes 12.
These are the muffins I eat in the morning if I am in a
hurry and don't have time to fix oatmeal. I have also
had them as a snack to break my sugar crave.
In the morning I have two of them if I am having
them for breakfast--one would not hold me until
lunch!

8 comments:

Tina Leigh said...

I dont like fruit of any kind....would rather have chocolate but if you would pass me a hot one I'll try it!

Sister--Helen said...

Rhea King's daddy was about 80 and we went to visit him one day. He offered me a muffin....he said.."I buy those box mixes and they cost 25 cents and it doesn't make hardly any so I add a cup of flour and a little more water and it makes a lot more." Rhea and I started laughing about him being so cheap.....at least you do add some tasty ingredents to your mix....something besides water and flour...but it did make me think of Rhea's dad when I first started to read this...

Unknown said...

is it oatmeal flour or just plain oats? I went to the store today but could not find Martha's bran, so I bought Hodgemill - these sound really good. I have been on weight watchers now for 5 weeks and I have lost 13 pounds, but it sure isn't easy

dot said...

Sister, I have about quit making the muffins and just have the plain oat bran for b'fast. I love it and I eat a lot of fresh, canned, or dried fruit during the day. The last time I made them I just used the oat bran with no flour. Your muffins really look good!

Sister--Fleta said...

I am not going to bother about healthy muffins anymore. I eat oatmeal for breakfast at least 4 days a week, sometimes more.

I have a recipe for bannana nut muffins that is really great, but not healthy as you top them with margine, brown sugar and cinnamon. Maybe I will post my recipe.

Then again maybe not. It is more rewarding to cook them than it is to post the recipe.

Tina Leigh said...

SS3 I carried my 3 jars back to wolly-world & they gave me my money back. If I had only known u would put the stuff to such good use I would have mailed them to ya!! LOL!

Annie said...

I'm still eating oat bran muffins; it's almost a habit with me now. And I like to make my own granola using oats and oat bran. I'm bound and determined to keep my cholesterol down, especially after hearing today that more women now have heart attacks than men. I was stunned to learn that!

Anonymous said...

Could I have one too? The look so tasty