Thursday, February 1, 2007

Trip to Rogers


The front axel of this red truck was broken.
One tire is laying beside him near the guard
rail. He is bent over I suppose giving thanks
to God for his deliverance from death. My
belief is that God will not change what happens
in our lives but He gives us strength and helps
us in our journey from birth to death. I do
praise him this morn for a beautiful storm
AND no school today! teehee He knew that
after this ordeal, I would need a day or two off!



We saw about 50 wrecks along the way. It
took almost 5 hours to get to Russellville...but
we were guided home safely.




Took this as we left NW Arkansas. We did not
realize the roads were so terrible. It took 2
hours to get to the Winslow Tunnel...usually
that takes 30 minutes!


These are my two angels. Laura drove
me up and Erin met us there. Erin
came over from Harrison. Erin is an
RN and she thinks Patsy will pull through this.
I took this photo as we prepared to leave. We
arrived at 10:00 and left a little after 12:00

This is Patsy's angel. She flew down to
stay with her in the hospital. She can stay
until Saturday morn!

5 comments:

Annie said...

I hadn't realized you were still up in NW Arkansas. Driving back through all that ice and snow must have been so nervewracking that you likely needed a good warm soak in the tub when you got home.

Thanks for the updates on Patsy. I'm sending her, and all of you, lots of energy and wishes for comfort and health.

Anonymous said...

What a journey - and those crashes.

I hope and pray with every pore in my body that Patsy recovers and gets back to her own home, and spends a wonderful summer raising her chickens as she planned.

So thankful that you got home safely and thank you for letting us know how Patsy is doing.

It is very very appreciated.

Linda@VS said...

Frankly, I think the whole bunch of you are angels. I'm sure it brings comfort to Patsy to see all of you pulling together for her. I'm glad to hear Erin's assessment of the situation, and I'm glad you made the drive home safely.

Unknown said...

she is a beautiful angel and I agree that you all are Patsy's angels - giving her strenght and comfort.

dot said...

Sounds like it was a terrible drive. So glad you made it home safely. Tell Patsy we are all cheering for her!