Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Books This week

I tried kayaking this week.  We went all the way to the Galla Lake earthen dam and back.  I guess it was a mile.  I had trouble keeping my kayak going forward, but got there and back.  Certainly not very good at it yet.  My shoulders weren’t sore.  Not sure what that means.

Last week, I read these books.  All worth reading.  Snakes Eyes is about two murders in Hot Springs, AR.  It’s a true story.  I really enjoyed the book, I could not recall hearing of the murders in the later 1960s.  Jennifer Grey is an actress.  She was in the movie, Dirty Dancing.  It’s a memoir.   The Last Slave Ship was really a great book.  Eye opener to me.  If you are bored, try reading.  Lots of good books at Pope County Library.  These books are there.  Find a library near you.  The folks that work at libraries are always so nice.   At least, that’s been my experience.


 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good for you kayaking! Bet you had fun! I just finished Fountains of Silence that was last months book club book...it was just ok. Junes book is much better....Westering Women I am enjoying that one!

Galla Creek said...

I see about Westering Woman.