Friday, May 20, 2022

Oatmeal Cookies


 I don’t have a picture of my oatmeal cookies.  So I’m sharing this advice from the State Park near me.  Laura and I had the window of our car smashed and our purses stolen in March of 2020.  It was only 2 weeks after Larry died.  It was horrible.  This is good advice.

Now, for the cookie recipe.  I like cookies much better than cake.  Just me, though, so I need a small batch.  I don’t like stuff after it’s about 3 days old.  I feed it to the chickens.

Healthy Cookies

1/2 scant cup brown sugar.  I like the darkest one.

1/2 stick REAL butter

Mix this with a fork.  I leave real butter on the counter over night.  It’s soft.

1 egg 

1 T. Vanilla

Mix this all in with your fork.

1 cup quick cook oats, but I use 3/4 cup and a 1/4 cup oat bran.

1/2 cup flour with 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder, soda and salt.  Sift this in the batter and mix well with your fork.

Add a cup of extra good stuff.  Maybe 1/2 cup cranberry raisins and half cup of white chips; or maybe 1/2 cup walnuts and 1/2 raisins.  Mix well with your fork. This dough should be thick.  If it’s not real hard to stir with the fork, add another T of flour.

Drop by spoonfuls on parchment paper on cookie sheet.  I smash them with my palm just to flatten them a little.  Should only be ONE pan, about 12 to 15 cookies.

Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.  On parchment, I bake 14 to 15 minutes.  

Hope it works, Sister Fleta♥️♥️




1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good cookie recipe! Sorry you were robbed...thieves are everywhere it seems:(