Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Old Sister's Blog and My Stimulus

Patsy posts the most interesting things on her blog.
Well, maybe not to you, but to all three of her sisters
she is tops. She gets me interested in something and
I will check it out.

Since Daddy always called her Patty and she has light
red hair everyone has always thought she was Irish
and I am sure we have Irish in there somewhere. She
said maybe our mother's maiden name, Gaddy, was Irish,
so of course, I had to check. I think it is Scottish and
the early Robert Goudy who went into the Cherokee
nation and fathered a bunch of half bred children is of
the Gaddy family. The Cherokee called the name Goody.
One of the girls married the famous white trader, Ludovic
Grant.

I found another place, Patsy, that said the name Gaddy
came from Hebrew and place GAD.

BTW, the photo is Houston Gaddy, our Grandfather.

4 comments:

dot said...

I agree that Patsy has interesting stuff on her blog but so do you! I'm glad Patsy is getting her strength back.

Annie said...

Happiness is having someone who stimulates us. So that makes Patsy "happiness".

Tina Leigh said...

Yes I love reading Patsy's blog & she makes me laugh about the goverment stuff ( better than crying I guess). I would have thought the name was Irish too.

Tina Leigh said...

Yes I love reading Patsy's blog & she makes me laugh about the goverment stuff ( better than crying I guess). I would have thought the name was Irish too.