Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Remmel Fancher

It is nice to have Fleta to let me know
who had passed away. This man hauled
our milk from the farm to the refinery when
I was a little girl. Once Mom made me a
chocolate cake for my birthday in June. She
melted peppermint candy and added it
to the vanilla frosting. It was really good. I guess
I was 8 or 9 years old. I wanted to give the 'milk'
man a piece of my cake. I took him birthday cake
down at the old barn. He gave me a quarter for
my birthday. Later his wife befriended me and
made a difference in my life. I am going to his
graveside service tomorrow at Rule, AR. I
remember when I lived with his family, and he
came home from his long hauls in his yellow
Mayflower truck, he would grill steak and cook
pinto beans and a lot of other good food and we
celebrated his time at home. He helped me get my first car.
He was a good, quiet man.
I know his wife will be lonely without him!
I will surprise her tomorrow with my presence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are going...I sent a plant from all of us....Please tell her I am thinking of her....helen

Anonymous said...

How lovely to have had those wonderful memories and to have been a part of each others lives.

It will be such a comfort to his wife to have you there.