Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Tuesday

If anyone can mess up a sure thing, it’s me! An Amish group in Dardanelle buy a load of apples. You place an order and pick up when delivered. Laura ordered a bushel of Honey Crisps. Hers were great. I decided to try Jonagold. They’re a cross between yellow delicous and Jonathan. The entire bushel was mellow. Most just mushy. I sent some to Erin and Fleta took a few. You heard the phrase when life throws you lemons make lemonade. Well, when you buy mushy apples make applesauce. I spent much of yesterday making applesauce. I have enough in the fridge for one more batch. 
It’s really not hard to make applesauce and there isn’t much waste. You don’t have to peel the apples. You just quarter them and cook them, then run them through a collander. They were plenty sweet. No sugar added. I put them in cool whip containers and froze them excepting a quart I kept out for me and a quart I gave to Laura. I like applesauce on top of a slice of cinnamon toast for breakfast. Below is all was left of the apples after the collander process. Just a cool whip bowl!

Siggie is getting ready for winter. She bought these plant stands at a second hand store and repainted them. They turned out nice. She’s thinking ahead. She’ll have to bring her plants in or trash them.
I got my heart echo gram results. No blockages or valve problems. Just an aging heart. Nothing bad really showed. I go see Dr Rasool tomorrow and hopefully he’ll tell me why my heart was having “racing” episodes. I’m keeping my fingers crossed, praying, and looking for a rabbits foot! Ha, what will be, will be!
 

No comments: