Monday, July 30, 2007

Chicks in the Meadow!

Patsy, today I worked 3 hours catching my 6 game
hens and the bigger rooster and a black chicken
with feathers on his feet, and a few other black ones
that might be roosters. No I had help...Siggie was
with me all the way. I moved about 12 or 14 chickens
and now I will have room for my 6 more yellow
old English banties. I want to come up this Wed.
if it will work for you. If Fleta has not gone back to
work...we will go out and harrass her. And then
come back and load my gold!

I will post a photo of my pen and my chickens left
in it day after tomorrow or maybe tomorrow so you
can see what I have left in it. I still have a bunch of
chicks. I have about 15 that you gave me. I think
3 or 4 are roosters and I have about 10 of my older
yellow banties.

I told Siggie we were taking the chickens to put in
her bedroom and she was all for it...but then we
decided to take them to Galla Meadow!














4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Pat, I unloaded right my the pond so they can get water easy. I will take corn over for them. They were sad to be caught but when I turned them in meadow...they acted like I had taken them to Eden!

Unknown said...

I just remember trying to catch the hens with Grandma - I'm impressed with you and Siggie!

Erin said...

it's a good thing you had siggy to help you. she is coming to see me today.

Annie said...

That little pink form galloping across the meadow made me smile.