Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Daddy~Graceful 'til the End!

Here is a picture of my father...only a few weeks
before he was gone. You can see he was a kind and
graceful man. He always thought of others. In his
last days, he did not want much to eat, but often asked
for watermelon. He loved cantelope, watermelon, and
all fruit. He loved it cooked fruit and homemade biscuits.
He would sop his biscuit in the fruit. He would be 92 if
he were here today, but has been gone 19 years. His
memory is still fresh in my mind as though he were
still here with me....and sometimes I still talk to him
when I am alone...or just lonely. I am a little lonely today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello sister three, I am here from Annie's blog--your post is so touching--you speak of your dad so warmly and you are lucky to have this warmth simply from a memory of your dad. I think it is sometimes the purpose of loneliness, to remember, once again, those who may have loved us but are not with us anymore...that's what I tell myself anyway, when I get lonely...

Unknown said...

your daddy was always so kind and loving to me - I have very found memories.

dot said...

Sister, I'm sorry your are lonely today. Your Daddy looks like a really sweet man. I bet he had a good sense of humor too!

Annie said...

You're not the only one who carries on conversations with someone you loved (and who loved you) who has gone on before you.

I hope your loneliness has passed by now and that you are enjoying the bounty of your own family.