Saturday, July 28, 2007

Galla Creek Sunset!

The sun is setting on my summer break. I have
two weeks left before I return to work. I am
not upset at going back....but I will grow tired
as the year progresses. I have to go this week
to the Sheriff's office and be finger printed and
have a background check ran so I can renew my
teaching license. Now, all AR teachers have to
have a background check...it is a good thing, but
something I have never done. I hope my fingers
are not so old that they can not print them! I
have taught 35 years!!! I may try to make it
to 40. Well, just one year at at time.

5 comments:

dot said...

Tony found teaching very stressful but he loved the kids. I don't do well with kids at all.
Beautiful photo! I sent the fish trap photo again and if you didn't get it I have one more way I can try.

patsy said...

good luck with finger prints. what day are you comimg so i can have chicks caught.

Galla Creek said...

Not this next week but the one after that...I will come on a Tues or Wed.
Will one day notice be enough?

Annie said...

Sister, saying "one year at a time" reminds me of the "one day at a time" mantra for Alcoholics Anonymous. We can do anything if we break it down into smaller steps.

I don't think many realize how tiring teaching can be, standing in a classroom for a whole day, day after day, preparing for classes before school and grading after school. By the time summer comes the teacher is ready for a long summer break.

I won't be going back this year as retirement has called my name now.

Tina Leigh said...

Well my picture has been in the post office for years...I dont reckon I would mind the finger printing so much. lol.