Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cream Corn Recipe

Tonight we had our first big skillet of Okra and I warmed up the corn.  I bought Pop Eyes chicken to go with my vegetables last night.  We had a piece of that cold tonight with our veggies.  Larry loves every vegetable. He does not care if he even has meat if I have 3 vegetable.  Last night, Sigrid ate with us--2 pieces of chicken was all.   I could not get her to try any of vegetables.
 I cooked this creamed corn last night.  We had leftovers from it tonight.
Recipe:
Cut corn off of about 20 ears of corn.  Use a sharp knife (very sharp) and cut down the corn cutting though the kernel!  Then I use a knife that is duller and scrape the cob.
Put about a quarter of a stick of real butter in the crock pot.
1 T. of sugar
1/2 t. salt
1 can of the cream I have photo of on here.
Put a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the pot and then put the lid on.  This makes a tight seal.  Cook on high about 45 minutes.  You will need to stir it about every 15 minutes.
Turn the crock pot to low and cook another hour.
Boy, it is good.  Below is my fried yellow squash.  It was good too.

 I cooked these in my little crock pot.  Put butter, salt, and potatoes.  Cook on high until you can stick a fork in easily.  I put foil and then the lid for a tight seal.  You might have to add about a 1/8 cup of water.  Takes about 2 hours on high for this size potato.

No comments: