Thursday, July 25, 2013

Joy In The Morning

A bee was pollinating my Georgia Jets!
 I woke up before five.  Looked at Helen's blog and realized this was the 25th.   I was thinking about life and how much harder it will be for our kids.  Silly to dwell on stuff you can not change.  We should look for little things to do and try to do those small tasks.

Then I got dressed and went outside!  A cool morning greeted me.  What great joy.  I walked around and looked and took pleasure in what I saw.  Live in the moment!
A tomato had ripened on the vine!
 Several cantaloupes to enjoy later 
 The moon was full and clear...I think I saw a man in the moon.
 A pumpkin for October when the frost comes
 All the watermelons are getting big


 Martins were still here
 A terrapin was crawling looking for something to eat
a melon or tomato?
 A crane on Galla Lake
 Our Catalpa tree lives.
Larry drilled a hole in the old bucket and I have been giving it a drink.

 If you don't have some low spots, you can't enjoy the highs.  I saw 4 of these lows.
 I remember these cacti when I was growing up.  Tried to pick the blooms when I was young...got stickers.  A lot of things we do when we are young hurts us.   I have learned to not pick all pretty blooms.
 The corn is dead but the melons remain.
 Galla Lake reminds me of what peace is like!  What is faith?  Well, I saw the eagles soaring high. I know it was not buzzards the under belly was white.  They did not come near enough for me to share them...but I saw the eagles.  Hope you believe and have faith!
All that remains of the old apple tree.  I remember the apples we gathered that were so sweet.

3 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

AAAAHHH a good day. Beautiful pictures...we woke up on this side of the grass this morning, what more could we want...God is good.

Sister--Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sister--Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.