Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pumpkin Patch

 Pumpkins are looking good.  Today after I put the camera up I spotted pumpkins.  I water them every morning. I weeded this morning in the pole beans...still only blooms.  I guess I grassed as Fleta Aday is correct, grass is what takes over my garden.  I really have very few weeds. Pole beans below and then the pretty pumpkin blossoms!

 This is the okra.  Larry said I must have planted dwarf okra.  He buys seed and I put it in the freezer.  I have all kinds of seed.  I thought it said Clemson, but really don't know.  It is starting to bare and Larry loves okra.  Laura likes it pickled. I even like it boiled.  Sort of slimey though.

 This morning I noticed some tomatoes turning red.  I looked back on the blog (I use the blog as a record keeper) and by now I was getting buckets of tomatoes, but the rest of my garden was null.  We got no corn and the deer grazed everything else I had to the nub.  This year we have keep the deer at bay, but cotton tail rabbits have really been a problem.

No comments: