Sunday, July 28, 2013

Helen, Don't Be Offended!

 I love my apron, but....yes, there is always a but....I felt like I was harnessed when I put it on.  It has a tail that went down the back (notice I used past tense) and then a big button hole that I know Helen spent a lot of time getting just right.  The apron strings threaded through the button hole.  You were yoked up!  Well, I survived the same job for 39 years.  My Momma did not raise a fool.  I carefully trimmed away the tail.  I have a big enough one by myself.  Now, all I have to do is slip my head though the neck opening and tie the sash.  I use my apron anytime I cook and want to keep the grease off my clothes.  I used it today after church and thought of how much I enjoy it.  I relish wearing things out.  Not buying new stuff.  I plan to use this same apron the rest of my life.  If I have any of my Sister Pat's genes, it will need to last at least 20 more years!

PLUS....  local paper is not much account anymore.  But today it was super.  We stopped and bought one because this lady on the right is a swimming star.  Sigrid has gone north to Lincoln, NE to visit her 91 year old or 89 year old Grandmother and we miss her today.  Now, she is famous!  Her NE Granny always cries when the kids leave to come home.  I know she must be a wonderful lady with good tastes.