Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4th

 Okra is blooming and I was able to cut a few pods.  It is Larry's favorite.  It will make okra until frost if we keep it cut off.


 Pearls and Gold corn.  Cut off a few more bags and gave a few more away.  Corn will be gone by the end of next week.

 Tomatoes are starting to get ripe.
 Forgotten Memories are in bloom and the pumpkins look like flowers.


 Here are my 4 O'clocks.  Mom liked them because they came back as the blooms are small and not very attractive.

 My hens and chickens are speading.  I want to find a hollow log to put here for them to grow through.  Laura saw that at a house at Fayetteville and she said it looked so neat.   They will grow through the old knot holes.

1 comment:

Sister--Helen said...

okra and tomatoes yummm...Good pix Betty,,I did not know the okra bloom till you told..It used to make me itch to pick okra but I am not sure where I ever picked it at