Saturday, July 20, 2013

Today's Bounty

These tomatoes above I picked the last two days below is what I gathered this morn.  I am thankful for what we are gathering and having to eat.  Also, enjoy giving to those who remember the garden fair but no longer plant and reap.

And...yes, the deer came night before last and stomped in our watermelon patch smashing one and gobbling out the red goo.  They took hunk bites out of two of my honeydew melons of which this is my first time to grow. I have raised cantaloupe before but never honeydew.

I knew that I would feel the wrath just as Saul did when he did not follow the commandment.  I sprinkled the deer away, but they will return.  On one side of me, five come sailing off the Mountain and on Galla Lake side there are three does with little ones to feed at my expense.  Woe to me.  



2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

look out deer... where were the dogs

Galla Creek said...

The dogs are near my garden near the house...not all around watermelon patch.