Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Other Grandmother

Here is Sigrid and Astrid with the Great Grandmother in NE.  She is really OLD Siggie Says.  When I say I am old, Siggie corrects me, that Grandma Merle is old.  Merle's father was born in Norway.  She sings the
girl's little Norwegian lullabies.  When she talks to Eric, she cries to get them to come to see her again.  She is now living where she has more assistance, but it is not a nursing home.  Merle can not see.  So she could not fix her food without some danger.  I have met her once and I knew immediately that she was a nice lady.  Her husband had a heart attack and died when he was less than 40.  She had 3 kids and one on the way.  She told me that she told herself...I have to go on for these kids.  Eric's dad is the oldest of her children.  Merle's maiden name was Fedje.  Of course, she is ecstatic that all the grand girls have Norwegian names.

I get to take Astrid to open gym today at 1:00....more videos of shooting.  I know you are excited!