Thursday, July 25, 2013

Today

Daddy would have been 98. The other day baby Julie turned 30. Daddy's baby turned 52 this month. Time flies and things change. I am the 'old lady' now. I wake in the middle of the night and my mind whirls. Always thinking about the little ones and what will happen to them in this crazy world. Daddy probably thought the same about us and his Dad the same for his family. Momma--what a precious soul she was to put up with Daddy and all of us. I hope you find some joy today and perhaps a little peace to go with it.  Peace comes when you are pleased with the things you have completed or accepted the ending is okay. It is at the end of something.  Joy happens in a moment.  What a gift joy is.  Fleta felt pure joy when the kids were set free of their bondage life. Peace is like floating on a smooth pool of water on a pleasant day and joy is jumping in feeling a huge splash spring up all around!

Did I tell you the other side of my apple to fell.  Just plopped over and the tree looks like it is history, but the root remains and sprouts appear
.  Will they produce fruit....only time will tell.


.

1 comment:

Sister--Helen said...

OMGoodness that tree was loaded...2 more years it will be 100 since he was born. I am glad you feel better after retiring.