Tuesday, September 7, 2021

All is Well





My walking partner had to return to labor today so Phineas and I walked in Galla Meadow.  We saw white Egrets fishing and Blue Herons.  I decided to walk back to get my camera.  I did zoom in on one Egret, but the Herons were hidden.  I saw a mighty eagle and tried to capture his image for you.  I snapped him watching the water, before he flew.  When I returned to Galla Meadow, I spied Star and Manchi grazing in the soft sunlight.  I give thanks for my little house and all nature's beauty around me.  I pray to keep my eyes focused on what is good and glorify my Lord today.  

As I walked I kept thinking of the Robert Browning quote and I have changed it from spring to fall.   If we realize that God is in control of all and God is always good, then all is well, all is well.

I have worn out my Muck boots walking in Galla Meadow.   They have a hole in the bottom and moisture seeps in and wets my socks.  A hole is in the top in a crease that lets my foot get wet and the tops are worn out from me lazily sliding my foot into the boot.  I have new ones on the way.  Amazon is always coming to my rescue!

Robert Browning said...

The year's nearing close

And day's at the morn;

Morning's at seven;

The hill-side's dew-pearled;

The lark's on the wing;

The snail's on the thorn:

God's in his heaven—

All's right with the world!





 

2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

Great post! Thank you for sharing that!

Donna. W said...

I've loved that poem since childhood. It's one of many I discovered in The Book of Knowledge.